The Andhra Pradesh government has launched the YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme 2023 with the goal of providing employment opportunities for migrant laborers and addressing the shortage of agricultural workers.
This scheme aims to support both farmers and job seekers during these challenging times. Online registration for the program has already commenced, allowing interested individuals to complete the Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra application form. The government is dedicated to delivering benefits to both farmers and laborers through this initiative.
YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme
This scheme was initiated in response to the severe labor shortage in agriculture and allied sectors across various Indian states. To counter this, the Andhra Pradesh Government decided to implement the YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra program using the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
This program closely mirrors the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Program. Its primary objective is to provide assistance during the Kharif season for those engaged in various agricultural activities, especially those connected with the YSRUM Yojana in Andhra Pradesh.
Key Objectives of YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme 2023
The YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme was launched by the Andhra Pradesh State Government to address the unemployment crisis stemming from the COVID-19 lockdown.
The primary goal is to provide employment opportunities to migrant workers who lost their jobs and returned to their home state due to the lockdown. This initiative aims to empower migrant workers economically, reducing their need to seek employment in other states.
Benefits of AP YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme
- Solution to Agricultural Labor Shortage: The scheme aims to resolve the labor shortage in the agricultural and allied sectors.
- Employment Opportunities for Migrant Workers: Migrant workers will have the opportunity to secure employment through this scheme, aligning with the State Government’s primary objective.
- Resettlement of Migrant Workers: Migrant workers will no longer need to migrate to neighboring states in search of employment.
- Operational Model: The program will function similarly to the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme.
- Economic Independence: Migrant workers participating in this scheme will eventually achieve financial independence.
- Daily Wages: Migrant workers will receive daily wages when the scheme is successfully implemented.
Upadhi Mitra Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Only migrant workers who returned to Andhra Pradesh due to the COVID-19 outbreak are eligible for this employment scheme.
- Applicants must be unemployed, and those engaged in other forms of employment are not eligible to apply under this scheme.
Laborers’ Agricultural Tasks
During the Kharif season, spanning from July to November, laborers will be engaged in various agricultural tasks, with a minimum of 200 laborers required per acre of cropland. These tasks include:
- Nursery Bed Preparation
- Land Preparation
- Field Leveling
- Plowing Bund Formation
- Seedling Picking
- Alleys Formation
- Pesticide Sprinkling
Upadhi Mitra Scheme Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Passport-sized photograph
- Mobile number
- Ration card
YSR Rythu Seva Lo Upadhi Mitra Scheme Application
The scheme is still in the initial development stage, and the government has not yet launched the application process. Once the government announces the program’s commencement, we will provide you with comprehensive information, including application procedures. To stay updated on this scheme’s latest developments, please keep in touch with us.