Numerous government initiatives are currently in place to support the welfare of laborers in the state and to enhance their economic conditions.
One such program, the Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana, has been launched in Jharkhand with a strong focus on eradicating child marriages and promoting the “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” (Save the Daughter, Educate the Daughter) initiative for the women and children of the state. This program, known as Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana, was introduced by the Social Security Department on February 24, 2019.
Jharkhand CM Sukanya Yojana
In 2019, the former Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Shri Raghuvar Das, initiated the Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana. However, on August 24, 2023, the cabinet approved a name change, renaming it the “Savitri Bai Phule Kishori Samriddhi Yojana.” Under this scheme, girls enrolling in class 8th will receive ₹2,500, those enrolling in class 9 will receive ₹2,500, and girls enrolling in class 10th will receive ₹5,000.
An additional ₹5,000 will be provided upon enrollment in class 11th and ₹5,000 upon enrollment in class 12th. Once the girl reaches the age of 18-19, she will receive a lump sum amount of ₹20,000 as a grant, amounting to a total of ₹1,00,000. This initiative is expected to deter child marriages and boost the education rates of girls, contributing to Jharkhand’s progress as an educated and developed state.
This program is phased, with families included in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 and Antyodaya cardholders receiving financial assistance in installments from birth to the age of 18. Approximately 30 lakh families, encompassing those included in SECC 2011 and all Antyodaya cardholder families, are entitled to financial assistance. A sum of ₹10,00,000 will be granted to Antyodaya cardholder families. In this article, we provide information on how to access the benefits of this scheme and apply for Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana Jharkhand 2023.
Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana details
The Government of Jharkhand launched the Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana in 2019, aiming to provide financial support and quality education to girls across the state. This program was initiated by former Chief Minister Shri Raghuvar Das in 2019.
The primary objective is to empower girls and women, offering them access to education and contributing to their social status and development. Under this scheme, girls aged 2 to 20 receive financial assistance in installments, providing support for one year at a time. The application process is available offline as well.
Application Process for Jharkhand Chief Minister Sukanya Scheme
Applications for this scheme are accepted and processed by the state government through offline channels. The financial assistance is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries, including the girls, via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). To apply for the Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana Jharkhand 2023, girls should contact their school, Block Child Development Project Officer, or District Social Welfare Officer’s office to access the benefits.
Objectives of Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana
The primary goal of this scheme is to eliminate child marriages in Jharkhand while providing higher education opportunities to girls through financial assistance. The government is dedicated to supporting girls from families listed in the SECC-2011 and Antyodaya cardholders to ensure they receive quality education and do not face early marriages. By doing so, the government aims to provide a brighter future for these girls and enable them to lead successful lives within society.
Benefits and Features of Jharkhand Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana 2023
- The Jharkhand Chief Minister Sukanya Yojana was originally launched in 2019 by the former Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Shri Raghuvar Das.
- As of August 24, 2023, the scheme was renamed as Savitribai Kishori Samridhi Yojana.
- The scheme benefits approximately 2,700,000 families and female students based on the socio-economic status recorded in the SECC-2011.
- It also provides benefits to girls from 1,000,000 Antyodaya families, making a total of about 3,700,000 beneficiary families in Jharkhand.
- Financial assistance is provided to eligible girls from class 8 to 18 years in a phased manner, with a lump sum amount of ₹20,000 offered upon reaching the age of 18 for higher education and marriage.
- The financial assistance is directly transferred to the bank accounts of beneficiary girls through DBT, requiring the girls to have linked bank accounts.
- In certain districts of Jharkhand, including Deoghar, Gudda, Koderma, Giriji, and Kalu, this scheme plays a crucial role in curbing child marriages among girls aged under 18.
Eligibility for Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana Jharkhand 2023
- The girl must be a permanent resident of Jharkhand.
- Eligibility is limited to girls from families included in the SECC-2011 socio-economic status and all family members holding an Antodaya card.
- If a girl’s marriage is conducted before the age of 18, she is not eligible for the scheme and will not receive more than ₹20,000 upon turning 18.
- Beneficiary girls must have a bank account linked to Aadhar.
Jharkhand CM Sukanya Yojana Required Documents
- Girl’s Aadhar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Address Proof
- Bank Account Statement
- Income Certificate
- School Attendance Certificate
Application Process for Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana Jharkhand 2023
- Initiate the application process using the provided link and obtain a printed application form.
- Complete the application form with all the required information.
- Attach all necessary documents to the form.
- Submit the application to the Block Development Officer and District Social Welfare Officer’s office.
By following these steps, you can apply for the Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana and avail its benefits.